It's not a secret, foundations are my favorite makeup product. I've always felt that if your foundation looks great, then the rest of your look will come together easily. So what if your wings don't match, your skin looks great! With the start of the new year came a lot of new releases in the makeup department, many of them being affordable foundations. Are they all amazing? Let's take a look at one of been trying out recently.
Makeup Review: Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup & Concealer
"Expertly matched shades of makeup and concealer for a flawless, longwearing look that’s perfect for you. Smooth, blendable formula with buildable coverage and a demi-matte finish. Compact includes a unique applicator for precise application and a mirror for touch-ups on the go"
I bought this product for $15.99 at my local drugstore. In my opinion, that's a little pricey for drugstore foundation. This foundation comes in 12 shades, when you first look at the compacts, the foundation itself appears very dark. I purchased the lightest shade my store carried, I'm never the lightest shade but, in the compact it looked dark, so I purchased it and took it home. The shade I purchased was WAY too light, I returned it and got 200 Nude. Over the years I've learned that Revlon foundations tend to have pink undertones but this shade has yellow undertones and is the perfect warm shade for me.
The compact comes with a black flat sponge, I'm not a fan of reusing the same sponge over and over with my foundation. To keep things sanitary, I scape some foundation out with a spatula and apply with a dampened disposable makeup wedge. The foundation is very creamy and blends out easily, it has medium to full coverage and builds very easily. The concealer is slightly lighter than the foundation but not quite light enough to use for highlighting. The consistency of the concealer is pretty thick and slightly drier than the foundation. Not the best for under the eye but it does the job. The foundation and concealer have a very natural looking finish and last 8 plus hours without touch ups. After 8 hours, I did have to use a blotting sheet on the areas where I get oily.
- The color match is perfect, with 12 shades to choose from I think most people will be able to find a shade that will work for them.
- The coverage is amazing, I don't feel like I need to spot conceal when I use this foundation. It covers everything!
- The finish is really nice. I don't feel like I look cakey or like I'm wearing a mask with this foundation, it looks very natural.
- It's long wearing. My days tend to be very busy, I hate having to worry about touching up my makeup. This foundation lasts all day and holds up very well to the humidity.
8 hours into my day and still looking fresh!
- The packaging of this foundation is not the most hygienic. I can see how it would be nice if your the type of person that needs to apply foundation on the go or touch up often but constantly dipping into the cream with the same sponge has bacteria written all over it.
- $15.99 is a lot for a drugstore foundation. Most foundations contain 1oz of product, this package contains .38oz.
- The concealer is a little dry for the under eye area and does not provide a lot of coverage on its own. It does work well over the foundation though.
I love this foundation! I have repurchased a second compact. The shade matches me perfectly and I love the finish. I could take or leave the concealer. I use it because it's in the compact and convenient but it's no where near holy grail status for me. Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer lasts all day for me. While it is $15.99 for only .38oz of product, I do feel a little goes a long way and my first compact lasted just as long as my liquid foundations. I don't use this product for "on the go" the way Revlon markets it, I don't feel its hygienic that way but this is definetly an amazing foundation.
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. Have you tried this foundation?
If you have any questions or requests please email me at email@example.com